Wednesday, November 30, 2011

GOD IS GOOD

Admittedly, I am not the most faithful with my blogging. It seems that time and the days are passing more quickly than when I was younger...say in the 1950's. I recall waiting for my date and the time stood still. Nevertheless, I'm here today so let the fun begin.


On November 19 I had a booth at the Market Days on the Square in Bay City, Texas where I sold book and my photography.


It was a overcast fall day with wind gusts of around 20 mph which made for a nice day...except for the times I had to fix the display and chase after cards as the display stand took a tumble. The vendors on each side of me were great "neighbors" and helpful in helping with the gathering of the cards.


When I arrived to my 'space', I saw a huge tree right in the middle of it. How was I going to set up my tent, I thought. The vendors in the next space had only one table and no tent so they were kind enough to switch spaces with me. Thank you Matagorda Nursing Home and Rehab Center...and Cody Hollaway. It's amazing how God places you in the right place at the right time. Here I was selling my book "The Caregiver's Story" about caring for my mother with dementia/Alzheimer's and then be placed between one vendor who dealth with such things...and the other vendor who had been a caregiver most of her life. But...back to the cards.


Several asked if I had my cards in stores. "No," I said. "I wish that they were, but they aren't." Other comments were: "You sure have an eye for it." "These cards are beautiful! Isn't God Good?


~Vada




No comments:

Post a Comment